Mayor Dave Blogs About This Week's Plowing Effort | Politics
We've been getting pretty good reviews for the City's snow plowing efforts during this week's major storm. One of the local TV station's unscientific poll found that 79 percent of their viewers gave us an "A" or a "B."
The credit for that goes to Streets Superintendent Al Schumacher and his crews. It's also important to remember that workers from Engineering, Parks and the Water Utility also work to clear the streets, sidewalks and paths. They worked hard, long hours as always, and they did a terrific job.
I've been asked why cleanup from this storm went so much more smoothly than the infamous storm of December, 2009. Well, first I should note that we actually do better in cleaning up after the average storm than we have in the past. We keep track of how long it takes to complete a citywide plowing, and the average time is actually less than it was a few years ago.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits