Small Fire Causes Minor Damage At American Family | News
Madison firefighters were called to the American Family Insurance facility on Madison's Far East side on Wednesday afternoon.
Officials said there was a small fire outside near a parking ramp. A metal down spout that has a warming cable that runs from the top of the gutter to the bottom to prevent ice blockage caused a plastic drain tube to smolder and burn, officials said.
The security staff used a dry chemical extingusher on the small fire to put it out before firefighters arrived. Crews used a thermal imaging camera and found no hot spots.