2nd OWI for driver sleeping in grocery lot, police say | Crime
A Madison man was charged with a second drunken driving offense Monday after he was found asleep behind the wheel in an east side parking lot, police said.
The Madison Police Department said police responded to a report of a man passed out in a vehicle while it was running at the Woodman's parking lot on Milwaukee Street.
Officers said they found 32-year-old Pietro Busalacchi sleeping in his SUV at 7:16 p.m.
Busalacchi was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits