Craigslist Posts Lead To Armed Robberies In Grocery Store Parking Lots | Crime
Madison police were called to a pair of armed robberies in grocery store parking lots on Thursday, one on the city's far east side and the other on the city's south side. Police said in both cases the victims were responding to a Craigslist ad about buying an iPad.
The first incident occurred at about 11 a.m. at the Copp's at 1312 S. Park St., police said. They said the second occurred at about 2:45 p.m. at the Woodman's at 3817 Milwaukee St.
The man was described as black, about 19 to 25-years-old, abut 6 feet 1 inch tall, between 180 to 190 pounds. The victims said he had a goatee and was wearing a gray sweatshirt, burgundy pants and a black stocking cap. He was carrying a black backpack, and had a yellow and black-handled knife, police said.
Police are urging people to use caution when considering a deal on Craigslist.
Anyone with information about the man's identity is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits