Man allegedly trying to sell laptop to diners on Gorham arrested | Crime
Madison police said they arrested a 42-year-old man in the downtown area after he tried to sell a laptop computer to diners in a West Gorham Street restaurant.
The suspect was told to leave as police were called to report the suspicious behavior.
Joseph Finney III of Madison and Milwaukee was taken into custody on Nov. 20 on suspicion of bail-jumping charges. He claimed the computer belonged to a girlfriend.
Detectives said they are also investigating Finney in connection with recent gas station robberies.
Two gas stations were robbed on Nov. 3 and two others on Nov. 15. In all four robberies, the suspect was described as a black man between 6 feet 3 inches and 6 feet 6 inches tall in his late 20s or early 30s.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits