60 speeders caught in less than 4 hours on East Washington | Crime
Madison police said they stopped 60 vehicles for speeding during a three and a half hour special enforcement in a block on East Washington Avenue Tuesday.
The special enforcement was conducted in a 55 mph zone in the 5200-5300 block of East Washington Avenue between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Two different drivers were cited for going 84 mph, which would come with a penalty of six demerit points and a $164 fine if convicted.
Apart from speeding, numerous drivers were also cited for not having a driver?s license, having a suspended registration or driver?s license or failing to comply with insurance requirements.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits