Pizza Delivery Man Speeds Away From Attempted Robbery | Crime
A pizza delivery driver hit the gas and sped away from an attempted armed robbery near Heistand Park on Madison's far east side last week, according to the Madison Police Department.
Officers said the the 22-year-old driver was getting back into his car on North Walbridge Avenue on the night of July 20, when a man appeared in front of the car claiming he had been hit by the car. The driver saw a second man in his on the passenger side of the car holding a handgun and telling him to hand over his money, police said.
The driver ducked and sped away.
He described the first man as black, about 5 feet 7 inches tall and 120 to 140 pounds. He was wearing a navy blue T-shirt and black basketball shorts. The second man was described as a black, between 18 and 22 years old, about 5 feet 7 inches tall and 120 to 150 pounds. He was wearing a gray T-shirt, red basketball shorts and was carrying a silver handgun.
Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits