Authorities seek cat after woman bitten | Health
Bite victim handling stray early Tuesday when incident occurred
The Department of Public Health is looking for information regarding a cat that bit a woman on early Tuesday.
According to a news release, the incident occurred at about midnight at the 700 block of Dempsey Road in Madison while the woman was handling a stray cat.
The cat was described as a calico with short hair.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the animal services officer at 255-2345.
If the animal is not located, public health authorities said the victim may be required to complete a series of painful, costly injections to prevent rabies.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exterior fire causes $10K in damage to 2-apartment home
- Stranger in woman?s bed might be connected to other break-in, police say
- Police: Man suspected of 7th OWI more than 4 times over legal limit
- Man crashes car into light pole; suspected of OWI
- Public hearing to discuss Madison Transit Service changes