Brush Collection Starts Monday | Home & Garden
The Streets Division will begin brush collection on Monday, April 2nd. Again this year there will be no set schedule for brush collection. Our crews will be using the same collection rotation we use for leaf collection.
Streets Division crews will begin collecting brush in Monday's refuse collection districts. After completing collection in Monday's area, crews will move into the Tuesday districts, then Wednesday's districts, followed by the Thursday and then Friday refuse districts. Upon completion of Friday's refuse district, crews will begin the cycle again in Monday's district.
The time it takes us to complete a round of collection will vary according to workload and equipment availability. Crews estimated that it will take 3 to 5 weeks per round this year.
Brush collection will continue until mid October. At that time, we will be diverting all of our crews to fall leave collection.
Brush Collection Guidelines
The brush collection program serves property owners who maintain their own property collection and is provided monthly, April through October, for tree trimmings. Material cut by contractors will NOT be collected. Please make arrangements with the contractor for material disposal.
- All material collected is chipped and recycled as mulch or compost. To keep program costs down and prevent damage to equipment, please follow the collection rules.
- Brush is tree and shrub trimmings over 18" in length. Brush May not exceed 8' length and 8" diameter.
- Remove all roots, stumps and dirt.
- Place brush on the terrace at the street edge away from trees, parked cars, fire hydrants, utility poles, mailboxes and other obstructions. Do not put brush in the street. Stack brush with the cut ends facing the same direction.
- Tie small amounts of brush in bundles, using string or twine. Bundles may not exceed 4 feet in length or weigh more than 40 pounds.
DO NOT PUT BRUSH IN BAGS, BOXES, OR TRASH CONTAINERS.
Additional details about brush collection including brush drop-off sites can be obtained via a recorded announcement 24 hours a day by calling 608-267-2088. You can also get complete information from our web site www.cityofmadison.com/streets.