Employee shouts in store, would-be robber flees | News
Police said a man attempted to rob a consumer loan business on Madison's east side Friday.
The Madison Police Department said a man entered Security Finance at 4688 Cottage Grove Road at 2:15 p.m.
The man demanded money and kept one of his hands in his pocket to make it look like he had a gun, according to the report.
Police said an employee yelled to a manager and the man took off.
The robber was described as black with a light complexion, in his early 20s and 5 feet 10 inches tall, the report said. He was clean shaven and of average build. He wore a a black and gray plaid hooded sweatshirt, black pants, blue and black checkered boxers, black and white Nike shoes and pink gloves.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits