Thousands affected by power outage | News
A power outage affected a couple thousand customers on Madison's northeast side Friday afternoon, according to Madison Gas and Electric.
The utility's outage map showed as many as 2,900 customers without power at about 12:45 p.m.
Company officials said the outage was caused by a power line coming into a substation.
Power was restored to MG&E after an outage lasting about one-half hour.
About 1,027 Alliant Energy customers in Dane County were still without power at 12:50 p.m.. Power was restored by 1:15 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits