Woman arrested on shoplifting charge at East Towne Mall | News
Police say a 19-year-old Illinois woman was arrested after attempting to leave a East Towne Mall retailer with unpaid items.
According to a report from Madison police, Brittany D. James, 19, Hazelcrest, Ill., had taken items from Gordmon's retailer and placed them in empty bags. She attempted to leave the store without paying for the items, police said.
Officers approached James and tried to verbally direct her back into the store. According to the report, James did not comply.
According to the report, James yelled at officers, causing a large disturbance in the mall. She was taken into custody and brought to the Dane County Jail.
James was charged with disorderly conduct and retail theft.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits