6-month construction project starts on I-39/90/94 at Hwy. 151 | News
State traffic officials said motorists on the interstate on Madison's east side will be detoured as work begins next week on a 6-month overpass bridge deck project.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said construction to replace bridge decks on I-39/90/94 overpasses of Highway 151 will begin the week of March 3.
According to the DOT, three lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained in the work zone during the daytime. Nighttime lane closures will also occur. The eastbound I-90 off-ramp to northbound Highway 151 and westbound I-90 to southbound Highway 151 ramps will be closed Monday through the end of May.
For westbound I-39 to southbound Highway 151 ramp closure:
- Vehicles will use the northbound US 151 exit, proceed north to the County C interchange, exit at the County C ramp, make a left turn to go over the bridge, turn left at the southbound Highway 151 on-ramp, and proceed south on Highway 151.
For eastbound I-39 to northbound Highway 151 ramp closure:
- Vehicles will exit at the Highway 151 interchange, proceed south on Highway 51 to the Highway 30 interchange, turn left onto 30, proceed east to I-39 north, take I-39 north to the Highway 151 exit, and proceed north on Highway 151.
The DOT said the project is estimated to cost $2.9 million and is scheduled for completion by Aug. 28.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits