Crews respond to apartment fire | News
An apartment fire on Madison's east side caused an estimated $50,000 in damage and displaced a family.
Madison firefighters responded about 11:30 a.m. to a fire in an apartment in a four-unit complex in the 4900 block of Camden Road.
Firefighters saw smoke and flames coming from an apartment on the second level of the building.
Two adults and four young children were in the apartment when the fire broke out but everyone evacuated without any injuries, according to a Madison Fire Department news release.
The fire had originated in the kitchen area of the apartment, and crews extinguished the fire within seven minutes.
Several other crews conducted a search and rescue throughout the rest of the complex and checked to ensure the fire didn't spread to other areas of the building.
The Madison Fire Department said the fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage.
The second level of the building sustained smoke damage. An apartment on the first floor and basement level sustained minor water damage.
Fire officials said that after some repairs, everyone will be allowed back into their apartments Tuesday night, except for the apartment where the fire broke out.
The Red Cross assisted the residents who were displaced by the fire with housing and immediate needs.
Video courtesy Christian von Preysing-Barry: