Man asks for change, grabs bills from the till | News
A man asking for change at a gas station snatched a handful of bills when the clerk opened the till, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the Citgo gas station at 4601 Cottage Grove Road at 9:04 p.m. Nov. 5 to a report of a theft.
The 22-year-old female clerk told police the man asked to exchange some pocket change for dollar bills before reaching over the counter and taking a handful of bills.
She said the man fled south of Acewood Boulevard.
The man is described as black, 18 to 20 years old, 6 feet 3 inches to 6 feet and 4 inches tall, weighing 200 to 210 pounds, with facial stubble.� He was wearing a black hat, blue hooded sweatshirt, baggy pants and a black or gray backpack.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits