Crews prepare for the first sign of forecast snow | News
Madison plow crews are prepared for the first signs of winter precipitation in the forecast, according to the streets superintendent.
Chris Kelley said the streets division has been ready for winter weather for weeks with a full supply of salt, sand and salt brine.
The forecast calls for a chance of snow and rain mixed with snow through the weekend.
Crews are applying salt brine Friday to help keep ice from forming on city streets.
Kelley said conditions will vary across the city and he asks motorists to drive cautiously.
If necessary, he said the city will be sending out 30 salt trucks and two sanders.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits