City of Madison website down over security concern | News
The City of Madison suspended its website over a security concern Thursday. Department of Information Technology staff replaced the full page with a temporary scaled-down webpage.
A city news release said the maintenance was unexpected, and the�vulnerability relates to a software product used for support.
Chief Information Officer Paul Kronberger said the product, Adobe Cold Fusion, contains a security hole and will be upgraded to a newer version.
The City of Madison replacement page contains links to ePayments, Metro Transit and snow updates.
Technology staff said the full site is expected to be restored by this weekend.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits