9-year-old struck by car, injured | News
A 9-year-old boy was taken to a hospital after being struck by a car Friday morning, according to police.
Madison police said the boy stepped into the roadway at Hackney and Lamplighter ways at about 7:30 a.m., and he was struck by a slow-moving car.
The boy was taken to a hospital complaining of back pain but was not seriously injured.
Police said the preliminary investigation showed the boy was at fault.
Upcoming Events near Madison Far East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits